Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday


On the right is Cyperin and Bosko, they work for GFR here in Uganda. We have become good friends and they love to laugh at me. They say I don't sleep, I don't eat and I cry alot. Funny guys! They take care of me and are always looking out for me.

Above is the school yard of the boys playing socceer with a tennis ball Kevin gave them.






This is the hallway at school. The floor is full of holes and I almost fell over after I stepped in one.




These are the children who recited the poem for us, "Poor African Children"





Poor African children. That was the song the children recited to us at the school we visited today. I will keep this short and place some photos instead of my words so you can see for yourself how these children have to go to school. What I will say is I wept openly as the children sang to us about how poor they are and how they were begging for "help and mercy". The end of the poem stated "you never know we may end of president of Uganda one day" I have this touching scene on video and you really have to hear the children to believe it. After they recited the peom they then recited a prayer for their American friends to travel safe and bring more help.

No comments: